Monday, March 2, 2009

A day at the Sea and A day in Corinth. Beautiful.

Today we went to Corinth! Today was a Greek Holiday in which they celebrate life by flying kites and flying away their bad attitudes! How wonderful! We had a change of plans due to this holiday. Our travel agency actually canceled our trip. It all worked out because today we just went on a day trip and then tomorrow we are having class so we dont have to have class on Saturday! then on wednesday we are leaving for the Peloponnese till Friday! Today we went to some ruins. I feel horrible that I don't know what they were. They were mentioned in Acts, Romans, and II Timothy. Then we climbed up this ridiculous mountain to have lunch! It was beautiful! We over looked the sea and snow covered mountains! It was the most beautiful place in Greece I have seen yet! It was astounding! After we got down, we headed to the place that everyone was going to bungee jump off of. It was over the Corinth Canal. Very scary. Sadly, I did not jump. I am not disappointed though. It was 50 Euros so like $60 for 5 seconds of thrill. I just did not want to do it first of all, I am just too scared right now. also I would rather spend my money on something else! It just seemed not to be the time for me to do it! I would love to jump with Travis though, or Dad! Daddy would flip out if he bungee jumped! Maybe I can talk him into it! I loved watching everyone though! It was great! I walked out onto the little bridge within the big bridge that everyone was waiting on and I got nauceous! I am not a heights person. Someday, though.
Then we just came back to the Artemis.

Last night a group of us went down to the beach and made a bon fire! It was much fun! We all just hung out! I am going to miss those times!

My favorite time of this week though was two days at the beach! One day Me Roman and Meghan got Fofi to drive us down to this soccer field. I was on the brink of finsihing Eclipse(The Third Twilight book) So I just read! The soccer field was looking out onto the beach! I wish I could take a picture of this place with my eyes and then send it to your eyes! It is beautiful!!! Right up there with the Caribbean! Man oh man. I am going to miss this place so bad. We are half way, which is crazy! I just laid on the soccer field and read my book! It was wonderful!! Then the next day Meghan, Roman, Hunter, Eric, Richard, and I all went down to the same place and flew kites!! It was wonderful! Such a perfect day at the beach flying kites! It was pretty chilly though! Then we played some soccer, and headed back to the Artemis when the sun went down. One the way back (it was an hour walk) Meghan, Richard, and I stopped to get some hot chacolate with Carmel sauce! It was delicious! We had so much fun! It was a fantastic day!! I am enjoying my time here, but I can't help but yearn for those back home! I have decided that I am not going to live in Searcy this summer to take classes. I am not sure what the means for school, but I do know what it means to my sister and my family, the world. I can not imagine missing the summer before my sister's wedding, my best friend's wedding. I would not want to miss all the wedding stuff when I have already missed so much. Also, my last summer with my sister as a single woman!
Now I am thrilled about this summer! Early when I thought I was going to be in Searcy I was so down about this summer. But now I can't wait!!! Travis is going to be living with us too! and ANDY! YAY! I know it is going to be so much fun!!! We are going to have the best of times! I am over joyed!!

I am off to bed. I love you all.
Travis 11pm skype!

No comments: